Why my Rainbow smell bad?
Does your rainbow stink when you use it? Are you wondering…why my rainbow small bad? After all it suppose to clean and make my home healthier. Well, the Rainbow also need a minimum care after each use.
This is why your Rainbow smell bad
If you clean and then left the Rainbow with dirty water for a long time, chances are that your machine got a bad smell next time you use it. That happens because the smell of stagnated dirty water for a long time, goes inside the rainbow and impregnates in the HEPA filter. In order to remove this bad smell you’ll need to remove, clean and replace your HEPA filter.
It is also highly recommended to pour a cap of the Rainbow concentrate Fresh Air solution into the Rainbow water basin. Fill with water as always and let the Rainbow running for 10 minutes.
Cleaning the HEPA filter
Rexair recommend to check your HEPA filter for dirtiness every two year.
HEPA filter gets dirty if you use your Rainbow without water, low level of water or if you use it for longer period with the same water. Do not allow the water get to moody or solid. The water needs to be in liquid form in order to trap the dust.
check this quick video for more information about cleaning the Rainbow HEPA filter.
Note: HEPA filter can be cleaned only one time in order to maintain its efficiency.
Rainbow minimum care
Rexair recommends this minimum care of the rainbow after each use:
- Throw away the dirty water and clean the Rainbow basin immediately after each use.
- Store your Rainbow in a clean and dry place without the water basin in place.
- Store the water basin separate from the Rainbow after clean it.
- If you want to leave it running at minimum speed to aromatize and clean the air in your home, use it with clean water.
- Clean the Rainbow separator at least once per year.